New international joint master programme
Local benefit / European significance / Global impact
Why Sustainability-driven Entrepreneurship?
Is it possible to run a business with a positive social and environmental impact? What skills and competencies should socially and environmentally responsible entrepreneurs possess?
The Department of Environmental Studies is preparing a new Master Programme in Sustainability-driven Entrepreneurship. Students will think critically and learn to analyse the social, environmental, and economic impact of business activities. They will develop their entrepreneurial competencies and design their own business projects. In cooperation with investors, companies, town offices, NGOs and scientific institutions, they will be able to start their own businesses.
Interdisciplinary study programme
The Programme is being prepared in cooperation with universities in Vienna, Barcelona and Copenhagen. Students will spend one semester at each of the four participating institutions. At Masaryk University, students will develop their systems thinking focused on sustainability and ecological economics. At Vienna University of Economics and Business, they will study business planning and management. This will include receiving practical support in improving their entrepreneurial skills. At University of Barcelona, the courses will concentrate on the methods of evaluating the sustainability in businesses and also on the administrative, legal, and political contexts of operating eco-social entrepreneurship. The last semester at Copenhagen Business School will lead students to take part in business acceleration programme, which will help them to transform the business idea into realization. Furthermore, students will look into R&D, innovation management, sustainable urbanism or social entrepreneurship.
Joint Master Degree
Graduates will receive a Joint Master Degree from all the partner universities. The joint master programme will be introduced within the framework of the well-respected Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programme which offers scholarships to students from all over the world and which allows the participating universities to invite excellent international teachers as well as experts from the business world. For more information about Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programme please visit the European Commission official page here.
- Joint Master Degree, part of the Erasmus Mundus programme
- students from all over the world, global alumni network
- the first academic year 2021/2022
- 2 years of study
- 3 years of development within the framework of an Erasmus+ project CASE
- 4 partner universities
- 30 students every year
Teaching that emphasizes skills and competencies
- interdisciplinary teaching
- group projects focused on dealing with real-life situations
- »sustainability week« – facilitation of group work, discussions with and lectures by sustainability experts
- a self-made course designed by the students themselves
Cooperation with the applied sector
- development of responsible business plans in cooperation with a team of international experts as well as local entrepreneurs
- internships, field trips, mentoring
- »innovation week« – meetings and discussions with eco-social entrepreneurs in each semester of the programme
- presentations of the graduating students’ projects at an annual start-up conference
- involvement in the local innovative ecosystem